2020 Ford Super Duty lays best-in-class claim to just about every major heavy duty benchmark | Dump Truck Company
In the run up to the release of its 2020 F-Series Super Duty trucks,
" href="https://www.equipmentworld.com/video-ford-previews-electric-f-150-by-towing-1-million-lbs/">Ford has provided capability specs, claiming several best-in-class benchmarks along the way.
Ford says for heavy-duty trucks over 8,500 pounds, the new Super Duty pickups offer:
- Best-in-class maximum available diesel gooseneck towing of up to 37,000 pounds
- Best-in-class maximum available diesel fifth-wheel towing of 32,500 pounds
- Best-in-class maximum available diesel conventional towing of 24,200 pounds
- Best-in-class diesel power and torque with available 6.7-liter Power Stroke® diesel V8 delivering 475 horsepower and 1,050 ft.-lbs.
- Best-in-class gas power and torque from all-new available 7.3-liter V8 delivering 430 horsepower and 475 ft.-lbs.
- Best-in-class maximum payload capacity of 7,850 pounds with standard 6.2-liter gas engine
For 2020, the F-250, F-350 and F-450 all receive maximum towing capacity increases versus the outgoing 2019 models.
Also for 2020, a PTO is now standard on all Super Duty chassis cab trucks equipped with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke diesel.
Ford also provided numbers on the 2020 Super Duty with the new Tremor Off-Road Package, calling it the most capable off-road Super Duty ever. Maximum towing is rated up to 15,000 pounds for conventional trailers and 21,900 pounds for gooseneck trailers with the available diesel, in addition to 4,210 pounds maximum payload capacity with the all-new 7.3-liter gas engine.
Super Duty also introduces new technology to help with towing. You can read more about the new powertrain and technology options on the 2020 Super Duty trucks here.
Standard driver-assist features on XLT and above Super Duty trim levels include Lane-Keeping Alert to help you stay in your lane and Blind Spot Information System with Trailer Coverage to monitor for vehicles in blind spots – even with one next to your trailer. Also standard on XLT and above is Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking to alert you of potential collisions with vehicles in your path. Should an accident occur, class-exclusive second-row seat belt pretensioners, standard on all Super Duty models, are activated.
Ford says the 2020 Super Duty trucks will start shipping to dealers by the end of this year.