Diadon Enterprises © 2018

Gateway receives $30M in federal funds, Trump lashes out | Dump Trucks Charlotte NC

A jobsite on an embattled infrastructure project stands empty.
A worksite at the Gateway Project's Hudson Tunnel site stands empty on Feb. 16, 2026, in New York, N.Y. Spencer Platt via Getty Images
This audio is auto-generated. Please let us know if you have feedback.

Columbus Ohio Dump Truck Company Brief:

  • New York’s embattled $16 billion Gateway Project received $30 million in federal dollars Feb. 13, according to the project’s developer, after a court deadline passed for an appeal to further delay project funding. 
  • The Gateway Development Commission said it received the initial payment and expects $205 million more in reimbursed funds. The infusion of cash, however, did not restart columbus oh dump truck company on the shuttered Hudson Tunnel job linking New York and New Jersey. 
  • “Construction remains paused for now, and we are working with our columbus oh dump truck company to plan how to deploy these funds in the most effective way and get workers back on the job to resume some construction as soon as possible,” GDC said in a statement on its website Friday. 

Dump Trucks Columbus OH Insight:

President Donald Trump’s administration cut reimbursements to Gateway on Sept. 30 because it had complied with federally mandated workforce diversity goals. GDC had relied on its own financing channels since then, but said in January the project would need to halt Feb. 6 if funds weren’t restored. When they weren’t, the job went dark. 

Over the weekend, Trump railed further against the job in a Truth Social post that was reposted on X. In a missive that compared the project to California’s beleaguered high-speed rail project, Trump vowed that federal funds wouldn’t be used if Gateway goes over budget. 

“Please let this statement represent the fact that, under no circumstances, will the Federal Government be responsible for ANY COST OVERRUNS - NOT ONE DOLLAR! The Federal Government is willing to meet, however, to make sure that this does not happen!” Trump wrote in his post.

Construction Dive news delivered to your inbox

Get the free daily newsletter read by industry experts

Daily Dive newsletter example

Editors' picks